Eco-Age is looking for a dynamic Content Editor to lead its new digital content platform, due to launch in September. The ground-breaking new platform will push the sustainability agenda via brilliant, engaging cross-platform storytelling. Reporting to the Chief Content Officer, this is a critical role within the Eco-Age team which will be responsible for significant audience growth and brand visibility.
The successful candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience as a key member of a digital publishing team.
In this position, you will collaborate with the consultancy, communications and events teams to build out a daily strategy to produce and commission the highest quality content to serve every facet of the business as well as, most critically, entertaining, engaging and informing our fast-growing audience of consumers.
Duties will include the running of a forward-looking content calendar fed by strong SEO, agile editorial content creation and strategic social growth across existing and new social platforms; creating content daily; and working with the team to develop the unique voice of Eco Age.
KPIs will include traffic growth, audience engagement and innovation. The successful candidate will be a proven team player; able to successfully identify a potential story and act upon it to the benefit of our audience across any platform; able to set and coordinate priorities within a fast-paced environment and able to stick to multiple deadlines.
KPIs of this role are:
– high quality cross-platform content every day
– growth of high quality traffic
– development of Eco Age’s profile as a digital player
– Generate content ideas to engage and inform our audience, while integrating the needs of clients via authentic story telling
– In collaboration with the wider team, devise a content strategy that will grow Eco Age’s audience and revenue while staying true to our brand identity
– Maintain and develop the quality of content across the site: editing, commissioning and consulting on optimisation strategies for all contributors
– Identify key performance metrics, monitor progress and redirect the team’s focus when required to achieve success.
Desired Skills & Qualities:
– Proven track record in successfully growing a digital audience
– Voracious appetite for sustainability and pushing the agenda for ethical and social responsibility
– A proven journalistic curiosity and talent for telling stories across platforms
– Strategic and collaborative team player
– Strong knowledge of content strategy and social as a means to audience growth
– Brilliant communication and management skills
To apply, please send your cv with a short covering email outlining why you are perfect for the role to Caroline West, Head of People & Culture at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please head your email Content Editor.