We have worked with MATCHESFASHION to develop and implement a wide range of projects based on a comprehensive analysis of all business areas. Key focus areas have included creating a supplier code of conduct and material position statements, writing policies, developing modern slavery initiatives, employee training, assessment and action plans for logistics and packaging, hosting events, and PR support.
Some key achievements along the way include:
- Sustainability Survey –Eco-Age developed a sustainability survey for all brands stocked by MATCHESFASHION with the intention of educating, inspiring and collaborating with brands to highlight best practices and identify potential risks to MATCHESFASHION and its brand partners.
- The Responsible Edit – We worked with MATCHESFASHION to launch the Responsible Edit in March 2020. Eco-Age devised sustainability standards for brands to meet, assessing products and brands against criteria grouped within four key pillars: Artisans, People, Charity and Materials.
- Material Position Statements – Eco-Age developed material position statements for MATCHESFASHION in April 2018, defining minimum and best practice requirements for key stocked materials. These statements are reviewed and updated on an annual basis. Buyer training and tool kits are provided on a rolling basis provided to support employee learning.
- Packaging – Eco-Age assessed MATCHESFASHION’s packaging and supported the introduction of recycled, recyclable and/or FSC certified packaging including fully recyclable signature marble boxes, made from responsibly sourced 100% plastic free materials with removable magnets and natural vegetable dyes for the iconic marble pattern.
- Distribution Centre – Eco-Age undertook an assessment of MATCHESFASHION’s distribution centre to identify high impact areas, including waste, energy and transport. As a result, MATCHESFASHION is working to increase recycling rates and has launched an internal campaign to save energy and water.
- Internal Employee Groups – Eco-Age helped launched MatchesMob, designed for employees across the organisation to drive positive change. MatchesMob includes sub-groups focusing on different topics, including fundraising for charities and driving inclusive practices.
- Meet the Future Series – Eco-Age supported the launch of the Meet the Future Series, a series of talks for key media aligned with the MATCHESFASHION sustainability strategy and key focus areas. The content was designed to inform key media on topical issues relating to sustainability in fashion, and encourage discussion and debate.