Eco-Age Vacancy: Metaverse Strategist
Eco-Age is the leading creative sustainability consultancy on a mission to save our planet.
For over 15 years we have been delivering ambitious sustainability strategies and change programmes for the world’s leading brands. We develop strong partnerships with our clients, gaining insights into their businesses so that all narratives we create are honest, humble, and transparent. To date we are the only consultancy that is truly doing this, and we have less than ten years to make a true impact; so now more than ever we are looking for team members who share our dedication to positive change.
You will share our values on anti-racism, inclusion and equity and be excited at the prospect of working within a diverse, multigenerational team. We strongly encourage people of every colour, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply. Because we value a diverse workplace, we prioritise an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team.
Livia Firth (co-Founder and Creative Director), Harriet Vocking (Chief Strategy Officer) and Simon Whitehouse (CEO). Dotted line report to Fiona Robinson (Business Director) and Strategic Communications Director (currently vacant).
To lead the Eco-Verse division of Eco-Age – both in terms of advocacy and client consultancy objectives, as well as the brand voice and opinions of Eco-Age.
We’re looking for a Metaverse strategist to be our in-house expert who lives and breathes all things Metaverse. You have deep knowledge of blockchain and NFT technologies and spend your free time in Crypto Twitter and Discord. You are obsessed with this new world of merging and colliding technologies and be both excited by the opportunities as well as concerned at the worst-case scenarios. Crucially, you will thrive in the Eco-Age environment and vehicle to be able to address these challenges at a global level and be part of building the equitable and just future that the metaverse could be.
Key Elements of the role
- The person will have passion (and ideally experience) of assimilating all information with regards to the current global scenario of all metaverse aspects (crypto, NFTs, blockchains, virtual fashion, digital art) particularly with regards to fashion industry, and be able to place Eco-Age (and our clients) at the forefront of the conversation.
- As such, this person will be working closely with the Executive team, and the Eco-Age communication, strategy, sustainability and social media teams and with Eco-Age’s key advisors and consultants to distil what is happening in the space and synthesize this for various stakeholder purposes – not least in developing the framework for ESG in the metaverse.
- For Eco-Age to drive awareness and change externally – particularly with regards to the environmental and social justice aspects – and to be THE voice of change, this person will need to be able to hold presence at key panels, trade-shows, seminars and speak with the right substance and eloquence to Eco-Age and the Eco-Verse. The role is high visibility in the media.
- Act as a critical member of the team to formulate and deliver strategic counsel on business issues, communication narratives, choices of strategy and tactics in the digital/metaverse space, across a range of issues.
- Manage key team and client workstreams as well as guiding peers. Own and manage directly (be client lead) on 1-2 clients where scope of work is rooted in digital/metaverse.
- Act as a metaverse “advocate” to provide stewardship and education to Eco-Age colleagues.
- Partner closely with the sustainability, strategy and communications teams to create an integrated metaverse offering within Eco-Age, as well as managing and/or collaborating on plans, strategies and execution for Eco-Age clients.
- Speak credibly and engage with clients across the range of skills and scenarios which make up Eco-Age’s metaverse / Eco-Verse services.
- Growing thought leadership by exploring trends in XR, metaverse, NFT’s, AI, blockchain, et al effectively demonstrating how the Metaverse will allow companies to bring to market completely new types of virtual products, reinvent the way businesses market physical services, and create fundamental shifts in consumer behavior and business models. All via the prism of sustainability – looking for opportunities (eg, circularity/tracing via blockchains) as well as highlighting the challenges.
- Document and compile partner feedback to drive continuous improvement.
- Strong ability to speak to strategies that combine partner IP, NFT concepts, gamification, tactical implementation and design to create engaging user experiences.
- Author regular reports on the state of the industry to keep stakeholders informed on the latest developments.
- Ability to collaborate and perform in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities under tight deadlines.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple cross-functional teams and stakeholder expectations.
- Proven ability to cultivate strong cross-functional relationships with both creative and technical partners, internally and externally.
- Deep Knowledge of NFT, crypto, metaverse, virtual fashion, blockchain, 3D digital design & production space.
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Candidates will be or have the following
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- An experience, academic and/or professional, in all metaverse aspects. Minimum, a deep passion for the area.
- Prior experience in strategic advisory for metaverse, within a consulting framework, is a bonus.
- Experience working across UK, USA and Italy would be advantageous.
- Broader consulting experience for instance marketing communications or management consulting would be advantageous.
- A broad network of metaverse-related client, agency and third-party provider contacts; a keen networker with an eye for new business opportunities.
- Fluency in Italian would be advantageous.